Friday, May 12, 2006

Call To Prayer!

We have had a bump in the road to Abigail. Our social worker called me earlier this week stating what I had heard as a rumor on the internet as being fact. China is thinking about creating a rule that a person must be 3 to 5 years in remission in order to adopt from their country. Needless to say, I was very upset. Our social worker, Lisa, had a plan for us. She asked us to get a letter from my oncologist with a laundry list of statements in it and they would translate it, send it to China, and get preapproval for us to adopt. She didn't seem to think it would be a problem but we have an invisible "timeline" that we need to beat because noone seems to know when this rule will come into effect. She also said that once we are officially in the process with Harrah's (the agency that will be handling the China part of our adoption), we will be grandfathered in should China make the rule after we are in with Harrah's. PLEASE PRAY! I am now experiencing a bit of hesitancy on the part of my oncologist and cannot get his office staff to give me a truthful answer as to when the letter will be ready. Please pray that my oncologist will get this letter done ASAP so that we can get it to China. Also, please pray that China will NOT deny us our adoption! We are praying hard ourselves and we know that with your help, God will hear our petition and cause the hearts of China's officials to be softened toward us and give us the daughter that we are in love with already. Thank you for reading and for keeping us in your prayers. God bless.

No comments: